5 New Haybars for StudUkEuro
Giving your horse quality hay is one challenge but in some ways getting them to eat food in the right way is just as important. A horse’s natural feeding position is from the floor and this presents a problem for the stable owner. Food cannot be put directly on the floor as it will get contaminated which is a risk to your horse’s health, plus it becomes expensive due to the wasted hay.
Haybar brings many benefits to the horse and rider:
- Haybar aids digestion as the forage is taken more slowly.
- A wall-mounted feeder like Haybar saves waste because the forage is far less likely to mix with the bedding.
- Mares, foals and youngstock benefit, as the Haybar is far safer than nets or racks.
- A Haybar is quicker and easier to fill than haynets and hence saves precious time.
- Its made from HDPE with a reinforced sill which makes it strong durable and very practical.
Recently Jelka supplied and fitted 5 new Haybars to Rupert and Caroline Phillips at StudUkEuro. The whole process was quick, easy and non-invasive using the right equipment as not to cause unnecessary distress to the horses.