HIT Top Clean - Mud Mats
HIT Top Clean is a semi-rigid heavy-duty recycled plastic ground mat specifically designed for horses. Use for trails and track systems, feeding areas, and gateways.
Area: 0.92sqm per mat
A topping of sand is recommended
Installation instructions are available, please ask for them or download from our website under the company tab.
Exclusive Offer with The Land Management Group on Facebook for 10% off 20 or more mats purchased: enter the code (case sensitive) at checkout or contact us.
Delivery Charge: per product listed at checkout
Shipping: 2-5 Business Days (depending on product/stock level)
Collections and returns possible
7-day money-back guarantee
Terms and Conditions
Raised profiles allow maximum hoof contact and grip whilst allowing drainage of liquids for a drier footing
Strong cross linked ridges designed to grip the ground and hold the mat firm in the soil with minimal movement
1140x810x45mm - similar to a EURO pallet
0.92sqm per mat
Benefits to your horse
More time outside
Mud no longer needs to restrict social time with conspecifics which is vital for mental wellbeing of every horse
Less restrictions by mud and being outside means your horses move a whole lot more, boosting every part of the body
No more mud!
Horses often choose to walk on the HIT Top Clean mats to get to their destination! The unique design of the mats helps to clean the hooves, reducing the risks of injury.
Benefits to you
Access land all year round
Poo picking, fencing maintenance or feed transporting no longer requires traversing a muddy rutted track.
Better land management
Mud and rain no longer makes the decisions for you. Plan paddock rest and management always knowing the horses can still go out safely all year round.
- Level the existing surface by hand or machine and fill in any ruts or hollows in the ground. For best results leave a 1 to 2% slope for surface drainage.
- Loosen and level the soil with a rake or machine. Backfill with soil or small aggregate to fully support the underside of the mats and ensure they sit flat as possible.
- Lay the mats with a 1-2cm gap in a masonry configuration (the mats should easily imprint into the loose surface). Do not install over deep ruts or allow the mats be become unsupported underneath. Cut to fit with a saw where necessary.
- Optionally, spread a layer of sand over the mats (15-18kg of sand per mat to cover the surface).
If the area you are looking to cover is prone to waterlogging or you expect to regularly drive large tractors or other vehicles over it we recommend installing a more substantial sub-base for longevity.
- The HIT Top Clean mats will be delivered on a pallet containing up to 30 mats unless otherwise stated
- Your delivery destination needs to be suitable for a 7.5t or 18t lorry access. Please note any vehicle preferences or restrictions at checkout or contact us with any questions.
- We can only process orders through our website for UK deliveries. Please contact us if you're located in another country.
As the HIT Top Clean mats are semi flexible they will follow undulations on the ground. The mats must never be installed over ruts in the ground. Levelling the soil allows the underside of the mat to grip the surface and remain firm. A slight slope will aid the drainage of rain water.
This step is very important to allow the entire underside of the mat to “grip” the ground. HIT Top Clean mats should never be installed on hard/dry ground or over ruts/holes. An aggregate layer is optional but we strongly recommend it for longevity and stability of the surface particularly with heavy horses and vehicles. Failure to prepare the ground correctly could result in the mats cracking or breaking from lack of support.
Gaps allow for drainage between the mats and a small amount of expansion room. This is more important if you’re covering a large area in the mats.